Poole Grammar School has a lively and thriving Parent Staff Association which works to support and enrich the life of the school.
Who are the PSA?
All parents and carers of boys at the school are automatically members of the PSA but we also have active volunteers and a committee.
What are the aims of the PSA?
- To link the staff and parents of Poole Grammar School.
- To promote a sense of community.
- To support the school by raising funds for school equipment and resources that fall outside the normal school funding schemes.
- To support members of staff at parent evenings with refreshments.
What projects are the PSA working on?
Recently completed funding contributions:
- An Adams Concert Marimba for the music department
- A Geiger-Mueller tube for the Physics department
- Defibrillators and training sessions
- Library books and refurbishment.
- Microscopes for the science labs
- A time capsule for the school entrance to be opened about 50 years after the date of the new build.
- Benches for the quad
- Support for the Eco Car Project 4
Current funding projects include:
- A high-quality sound system with microphone head-sets
- Climbing wall refurbishment
How does the PSA raise funds for the school?
We raise funds by organizing events throughout the year such as:
- Quiz nights
- Musical suppers with the school’s Big Band and Jazz Band
- The Summer Extravaganza
We also provide refreshments at various school functions throughout the year such as the Carol Service, music and drama events, the Old Grammarian’s Supper and parents evenings. The PSA also helps with sales of second-hand uniforms.
How can I support the PSA?
- Come to the PSA events throughout the school year, which help us raise funds for our projects.
- If you have links with companies which you think may help us to support the school, get in touch with us and tell us your ideas!
- Join in with the “Bags 4 schools”
Can I join the PSA committee or occasionally give time to help?
Yes! You can help the PSA on an occasional basis, offering your skills or support. You may also wish to join our committee and offer ideas too! You will be warmly welcomed. We meet once or twice a term.
How can I get more information about the PSA?
You can email us at: email@example.com
You can also contact the school office who will pass on your details to us so a member of our committee can get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The current chair of our PSA is Sue Wheeler.