|ANTI-BULLYING||LOCAL SAFEGUARDING||CHILD-ON-CHILD ABUSE||HOW TO REPORT IT|
|OPERATION ENCOMPASS||PREVENT||ONLINE SAFETY||MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING|
|DRUGS & ALCOHOL||CHILD CRIMINAL EXPLOITATION||CHILD SEXUAL EXPLOITATION|
Poole Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Poole Grammar School – Safeguarding Team
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Mrs Katie Etheridge
DSL Deputies /other staff providing Safeguarding: Mr Nathan Chase, Mr Ed Gibbs and Mrs Caroline Bennetton
Antibullying Lead: Mrs Katie Etheridge
Prevent Lead: Mrs Sarah Barnes
Online-Safety Champion: Mr Nathan Chase
Designated LAC Teacher: Mrs Katie Etheridge
Designated Safeguarding Governor/Trustee: Mrs April Thomas
All members of the senior leadership team and members of the pastoral team regularly complete Level 3 Safeguarding training.
Students who are feeling worried about something or someone can come and talk to members of the safeguarding team in school.
Safeguarding and Child Protection enquiries: Out of Hours
Please be aware that during any school holidays or school closures you will need to contact the following services if you have any concerns or require advice for your family or another:
- Where there is an immediate risk or concern for a child please contact the Police on 999
- For concerns about a child or where you have ongoing concerns and you or the child you are concerned about live in Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole you can call the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) on 01202 123334
- If you live in Dorset you can call the Children’s Advice and Duty Service on 01305 228866
- If you need to speak to someone outside normal hours (9.00am to 5.00pm) please contact the Out of Hours Teams on:
Bournemouth, Christchurch or Poole: 01202 738256
Dorset: 01305 228558
Children and Young People – Are you worried about something?
Did you know you can access Pan-Dorset Safeguarding Children Partnership. This part of their website is for any child or young people to come and get some advice over difficult issues.
You can also get help from:
- If it’s an emergency, call 999
- You can contact Childline by either text, email or phoning their free 24-hour helpline on 0800 1111.
- You can text the NSPCC helpline anonymously on 88858.
Poole Grammar School – Child Protection and Safeguarding policy
Other related policies:
Paper copies of school policies are available on request. Translation services are also available on request, translation is subject to a time delay and it is recommended requests are made in a timely manner with this in mind.
Poole Grammar School policies refer to Local and National policies and guidance. Useful links: