The PSA needs your help! There are five different ways you can help with this year’s Poole Grammar School Summer Extravaganza.
- Look out for the Grand Draw tickets that have been sent home with your son. Please sell these to family and friends – the first prize is £200
- Donate a prize on PGS Non-Uniform Day which will go into our Summer Extravaganza prize hampers. Some donations will also be given to the local Foodbank.
- We are looking for volunteers to help on the day (16th June). If you could spare some time to help at the event, please contact the PSA at email@example.com.
- You or your company could price-match a stall or the whole event!If you can help this way, please contact the PSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most importantly, we hope you will come and enjoy the Summer Extravaganza on 16th June, from 12 – 4pm, bringing family and friends!
Poole Grammar School has a lively and thriving Parent Staff Association which works to support and enrich the life of the school.
Who are the PSA?
All parents and carers of boys at the school are automatically members of the PSA but we also have active volunteers and a committee.
What are the aims of the PSA?
- To link the staff and parents of Poole Grammar School.
- To promote a sense of community.
- To support the school by raising funds for school equipment and resources that fall outside the normal school funding schemes.
- To support members of staff at parent evenings with refreshments.
What projects are the PSA working on?
Recently completed funding contributions:
The PSA has also recently purchased a high-quality sound system with microphone head-sets, a Geiger-Mueller tube and contributed towards climbing wall refurbishment.
This Summer we contributed funds towards the refurbishment of part of the 6th form centre and the addition of new computers for students’ use.
This Autumn we will be contributing towards equipment to keep the school sports fields in their excellent condition.
Other new projects for this year are currently under consideration.
How does the PSA raise funds for the school?
We raise funds by organizing events throughout the year such as:
- Quiz nights
Musical suppers with the school’s Big Band and Jazz Band
The Summer Extravaganza
We also provide refreshments at various school functions throughout the year such as the Carol Service, music and drama events, the Old Grammarian’s Supper and parents evenings.
The PSA also helps with sales of second-hand uniforms.
How can I support the PSA?
- Come to the PSA events throughout the school year, which help us raise funds for our projects.
- If you have links with companies which you think may help us to support the school, get in touch with us and tell us your ideas!
- Join in with the “Bags 4 schools”
Can I join the PSA committee or occasionally give time to help?
Yes! You can help the PSA on an occasional basis, offering your skills or support. You may also wish to join our committee and offer ideas too! You will be warmly welcomed. We meet once or twice a term.
How can I get more information about the PSA?
You can email us at: email@example.com
You can also contact the school office who will pass on your details to us so a member of our committee can get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The current chair of our PSA is Sue Wheeler.